We at Belkin are committed to protecting your privacy. Our goal is to provide you with a positive experience on our websites and when using our apps and products and services, while at the same time keeping your Personal Information, as defined below, secure.
- Depending on where you are, Belkin, our, us or we means:
- Belkin International, Inc., of 555 Aviation Boulevard, Suite 180, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA, if you are in North America, Central America or South America;
- Belkin B.V. of Herikerbergweg 106, Plaza Arena – Jupiter, 1101 CM Amsterdam, The Netherlands, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA) or anywhere else in Europe except the United Kingdom;
- Belkin Ltd of Unit 1, Regent Park, Booth Drive, Park Farm South, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire NN8 6GR, United Kingdom, if you are in the UK, the Middle East or Africa;
- Belkin Asia Pacific Ltd of Room 2601, 26th Floor, Harbourside HQ, No.8 Lam Chak Street, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, if you are anywhere in Asia except the Middle East; and
- Belkin Ltd of Suite 11, 14 Pioneer Avenue, Tuggerah NSW 2259, Australia, if you are in Australia or New Zealand.
- Belkin products includes all Belkin, Wemo and Playa branded products, apps and service; and
- Belkin websites includes all Belkin and Wemo websites.
Personal Information. This means any information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information) can be used to identify you directly or indirectly. Some examples of Personal Information include your name, address, email address, phone number, any ID number or location data. IP addresses and MAC addresses may also be Personal Information.
Aggregated Information. Information may be aggregated and/or anonymized. When information is aggregated, it is combined with information about other customers and users. Aggregated information that includes Personal Information is considered Personal Information unless it is also anonymized.
Anonymized Information. When information is anonymized, Personal Information is removed from collected data and the remaining portion of the data is repurposed for internal or external use, for example to determine how many users viewed a particular website video . Such information cannot be used to identify you.
Children’s Personal Information. Our websites and products are not directed to children under the age of 16, nor do we knowingly collect Personal Information from them. If we are informed that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under the age of 16, we will delete that Personal Information from our systems. If you believe we might have inadvertently collected Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us here.
The following provides examples of the types of information we collect about you and how we use that information. In some cases we have noted where data is required for the functionality of your product or for us to provide a particular service.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purposes for Collection and Use of Data|
|Registering your Belkin product or account and maintaining your account with us.||We collect contact information when you create an account and/or register your product. It will include an email address and may also include your name and postal address. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We have a legitimate interest in providing securely authenticated accounts to our customers , and if you want to register or maintain an account, or register a particular product, you will not be able to opt out of the provision of the data required. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history. Information you provide during product registration also helps us to keep you up to date with firmware, technical issues and new features and to provide you with more efficient customer support. We also use account information to notify you about changes to our terms, conditions and policies to perform our contracts with you.|
|Customer and Partner Information||We collect the name, and contact information, of our customer and partners and their employees with whom we may interact.||We have a legitimate interest in contacting our clients and business partners and communicating with them concerning normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing.|
|Customer Support||If you report a problem or contact us for support, we will collect your name, phone number, email address and if you need to return your product, we will collect your physical address and sometimes your credit card number, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order for us to provide support.||We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services and to honor product warranties. If you wish to have the benefit of our customer support and warranties, you will not be able to opt out of the provision of the data required. We also have a legitimate interest in providing support to our customers and fixing issues that they bring to our attention.|
|Demographic Information||We collect personal information, such as your age or location.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners contained in the email, or if you make a purchase.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you and whether our advertising to you is effective.|
|Feedback, Discussion Forums and Social Media||If you participate in a discussion forum on our website, provide us with feedback or interact with us on one of our social media sites, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues, as well as monitoring and regulating forums you choose to participate in. We also have a legitimate interest in developing new products and improving current products based on your feedback.|
|Marketing List||When you sign up for one of our marketing lists, we collect your email address and possibly your postal address or phone number.||With your consent, we share information about our products and services with you. We also have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services that we feel may interest you.|
|Mobile Devices||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.||We have a legitimate interest in identifying unique visitors, and in understanding how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Order Placement and Purchase||We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order on one of our ecommerce sites.||We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services. We also use order and purchase information to comply with tax, financial reporting and other legal requirements.|
|Promotions||We collect information that you provide as part of a promotional opportunity, including co-branded promotions with another company.||We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our promotions.|
|Sweepstakes or contests||When you participate in a sweepstake or contest, we collect information about you, including contact information to notify you if you are selected and to add your name to a winners list.||We have a legitimate interest in operating contests. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about those who enter our contests.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, information that you type into our online forms, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, videos watched, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner, to troubleshoot issues relating to website navigation and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and ensuring that your experience on our websites is as secure as possible.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address,, domain name, click-activity, referring website, language preferences and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our website services is the most popular.|
Under no circumstances do we rent or sell your Personal Information. We will only share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes if you have granted us permission to do so, and in accordance with the Marketing section below. We share Personal Information in the following ways:
- within Belkin for purposes of data processing or storage;
- with Belkin’s service providers. Our service providers are not allowed to use, share, or retain your personal information except as permitted by us.
- with other third parties with your consent. Please note that if you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information to a third party, that third party will apply its own privacy practices. You should carefully review the privacy notice of any third party before providing them with your Personal Information.
- with service providers, advisors or other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets. If Belkin merges with, acquires or is acquired by another entity, Personal Information would be transferred as a whole to the successor entity;
- to comply with the law or legal process (such as responding to subpoenas or court orders), to comply with government reporting obligations and to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
In addition, we share aggregated anonymized information, including usage data about Belkin products, with third parties and service providers for a variety of purposes, including to analyze trends about home networking and utility use, and to show third parties how their products could work with Belkin products. We take steps to ensure that you cannot be identified from this information and we require third parties to keep all shared information in its anonymized form.
Any of our service providers with whom we share your Personal Information are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure these service providers comply with the same privacy principles that govern our collection of your Personal Information.
We will ask for your consent, such as by email response, opt-in box or click through agreement acceptance, before we use or share your Personal Information for any other purpose
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing material from us or a third party on our behalf, in addition to following the "Unsubscribe" instructions in a marketing email, you can send us a request here.
Where We Store Your Information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, various locations globally, including the United States. It may also be processed by Belkin staff or contractors operating outside your state, country of residence or region who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We also use cloud-based applications and services to store and process your Personal Information, which may result in your Personal Information being stored outside your state, country of residence or region.
However, data protection standards in countries where we transfer, process and store your Personal Information may be different from those in your country, and overseas service providers may not fully comply with those laws.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information so that we can keep it accurate and up to date. You can access and update your Personal Information and communication preferences at any time in the following ways:
- by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any email you receive from us;
- by sending a request to us here. Please be sure to include your name, email address and specific relevant information about the information you would like to change or the material that you no longer wish to receive; or
- for many Belkin websites and Belkin products, by signing into your online account located at the URL provided when you signed up for the Belkin website or service.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These can differ by country and jurisdiction. You may have the following rights, that we:
- correct your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- transfer Personal Information which you have provided to us, to a third party if we are processing that data either on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you;
- delete your Personal Information, unless we are required to retain it by law, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or for another one of our business purposes; and/or
- provide you with a copy of your Personal Information held on our current records. If you are outside the EEA or California, we may make a reasonable charge if records must be accessed from backed up or archived records. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
If you are resident in the EEA, you also have the right to:
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information at any time after you have consented, including opting-out of receiving marketing materials. The easiest way to do this is by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any email you receive from us;
- restrict our processing of your Personal Information if you think that the data is inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, or that we no longer need to process your data for a particular purpose (unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation); and/or
- object to our processing of your Personal lnformation on grounds relating to your particular situation, where the legal justification for our processing of your Personal Information is our legitimate interest. We will abide by your request unless we consider that we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Please address written requests and questions about your rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you are located in California, call us at 877-460-2323. You may submit a copy of the personal information that we hold about you through our online portal, located here.
We will respond to your request promptly upon receipt. If you are in the EEA, this will be within one month of receipt, or, if further time is required, we will inform you of this and the reason for the delay. We may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may conduct an identity verification by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us.
If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
- A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
- If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
If we do not receive both pieces of information, the request will be denied.
If you are in the EEA, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority, if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. Please click here for a list of contact details for the EEA data protection authorities.
Information for California Residents
Retention of Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Web Tools
We strive to maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by Belkin websites and Belkin products, although unfortunately the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information. If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your devices (also known as "friendly names") may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
Updates and Upgrades
Belkin products may be updated or upgraded from time to time to provide additional features, address technical issues, and generally make your user experience better. Some Belkin products include an auto-update feature, which gives us the ability to make updates automatically. In some cases, you can change auto-update options by changing your settings within the Belkin Product account information. In very limited cases, updates may still be automatically applied, regardless of the auto-update setting. For example, we may provide an automatic update that prevents or fixes a security vulnerability or breach to your network.
Third Party and Social Media Linked Sites
If you participate in or post information to a discussion forum or chat room on any Belkin website or Belkin Product, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, and can be read, collected, forwarded or used by other users of these forums, potentially inside or outside Belkin, who have access to that forum. This information could also be used to send you unsolicited messages. Please recognize that individual forums may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant's opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Belkin. We are not responsible for Personal Information or any other information you may choose to submit in these forums, or the consequences of any submission. If at any time you would like to remove a posting, please contact us here. Keep in mind that removal of a posting from a forum or chat room does not mean that the posting will be deleted from our systems, or that it has been completely removed from the Internet.
How to Contact Us
Updated January, 2022